Vancouver, BC V6E 2Y3 604 685 1181
Certifications: Acupuncture, Advanced Injection Therapies / IVs, Prescriptive Authority, Vaccination/Immunization
“I have a passion for treating patients in the areas of women’s health, fertility, and gynecology. As a driven young professional, I understand the challenges of building a career and a family simultaneously. As a doctor, I strive to work with you to uncover the cause of your health concerns, identify and develop a plan to help you optimize your personal wellness, and allow you the freedom to realize your professional goals without compromising your desire of raising a family.” – Dr. Nicholas, ND
Dr. Nicholas prides herself on educating her patients about their bodies and empowering them to realize their full potential. She believes that in order to improve fertility, people must first optimize their individual wellness. Once the foundations of health are established in the individual, the required environment for conception is more easily achieved! She works with her patients to alleviate stress and remove other barriers that are preventing them from achieving optimal health.
Dr. Nicholas offers both individual and couples’ consultations to expedite infertility assessment and enhance both partners’ fertility. She supports women and their partners from preconception to postpartum to optimize fertility, pregnancy, and the growth of healthy families. Dr. Nicholas works closely with expert Reproductive Endocrinologists and Gynecologists. She is well connected to the Vancouver IVF clinic community and refers her patients to Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) clinics when necessary.
Aside from fertility, Dr. Nicholas helps support women struggling with hormone imbalances, menstrual irregularities, genitourinary infections, pelvic pain, and sexual dysfunction. She also treats common complaints such as stress, fatigue, headaches, digestive concerns, and acute infections.
Dr. Nicholas is a proud alumna of Queen’s University located in Kingston, ON, where she graduated with an Honours Bachelor of Science degree with Specialization in Environmental Biology. She completed her medical trianing at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM), a CNME accredited institution. She completed extensive hours of in-class studies and observational experiences, as well as hands-on clinical training at a variety of clinics including the Family Naturopathic Clinic, Friends for Life, Katzie Community & Health Centre, Boucher Clinic, and Positive Living BC.
SPECIAL INTERESTS & EXPERTISE:
- Fertility Optimization
- Infertility & Miscarriage
- IVF & IUI Support
- Prenatal, Pregnancy & Postpartum Care
- Genitourinary Infections (UTIs, Yeast, BV, STIs)
- Menstrual Irregularities (painful, heavy, absent periods)
- Pelvic Exam / PAP Exam / Breast Exam
- Contraception & Family Planning
- Hormonal Imbalances, PMS & Menopause
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexual Health & Libido
- Endometriosis & Pelvic Pain
- Interstitial Cystitis (IC)
- Stress, Mood, Fatigue, Insomnia & Burnout
- Acute Infections (cough, cold, influenza, sinusitis)
- Thyroid & Adrenal Conditions
- Digestive Disturbances (constipation, bloating, heartburn, diarrhea, discomfort)
- Public Speaking & Educational Seminars
Dr. Nicholas strives toward harmonizing science and nature. She does this through leveraging technological advancements that assist her in closing the gap between evidenced based research and clinical application. This allows her to deliver a personal healthcare plan to support you throughout your multiple life stages.
Dr. Nicholas wants to work with you to identify the cause of your health concerns, and to develop a plan to get you back to feeling your best. She is firmly rooted in an evidenced-based approach yet addresses each patient as an individual. She uses both conventional and natural medicine to elevate your health. She advocates for using standard and advanced laboratory testing to guide assessment and treatment of your unique needs.
Dr. Nicholas realizes that making sustainable change in one’s health is hard work. Therefore, she promises to dedicate time to professional development to continually enhance her skills base to provide her patients with the best possible care. She is dedicated to education and leadership and works tirelessly to elevate the health literacy of her community!
- Diet & Lifestyle Optimization
- Advanced Laboratory Testing & Health Analysis
- Nutraceutical Supplementation
- Botanical & Herbal Medicine
- Acupuncture & Electroacupuncture
- Intravenous Nutrient Therapy (IV Therapy)
- Pharmaceutical Medication
- Low Level Laser Therapy (Cold Laser)
ADDITIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Board Certified in Acupuncture
- Board Certified in Intravenous Nutrient Therapy
- Board Certified in Minor Surgery
- Board Certified in Immunizations & Vaccinations – BCCDC
- Pharmaceutical Prescriptive Authority – Canadian Pharmacists Association
- Intravenous Nutrient Therapy – Dr. Stefan Kurprowsky, ND
- Advanced IV Therapy Course – Dr. Ariel Jones, ND
- Naturopathic Advanced Life Support (NALS) & BLS/CPR – Ohm Medical
- Naturopathic Doula – Dr. Shannon Kaupp, RM, ND & Dr. Kirsten Almon, ND, Doula
- Global Health Certification & Internship with Natural Doctors International (NDI); Ometepe, Nicaragua
- Registrant of the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC)
- Member of the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA)
- Member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- Member of the Canadian Fertility & Andrology Society (CFAS)