Nanaimo, BC V9T 2A1 250-729-4969
Certifications: Acupuncture, Prescriptive Authority
My naturopathic medical practice is focused on the treatment of women's health concerns and pediatrics. I love working with women to balance their hormones and optimize digestion to restore vibrant energy, restful sleep, balanced moods and effortless periods. I believe all women can find the balance in their lives to live a vibrant, healthly life. As a mom myself, I enjoy working with women from pre-conception, through pregnancy and post-partum to help optimize chances of conception and a healthy, happy pregnancy and baby. I also attend births as a naturopathic doula, utilizing my medical training and experience to support women through natural child birth.
Through my own healing with naturopathic medicine, I know how it feels to be exhausted, anxious, and struggling with a multitude of symptoms that impact your day-to-day life. I also know how quickly our medicine can benefit you when you are ready to commit to a targeted treatment plan and lifestyle changes.
During your initial 1-hour consultation, I will carefully evaluate your current health status, review your medical history, and perform a relevant physical exam. If you have had recent blood work completed (within the past year), I encourage you to bring any reports to your appointment. Further testing will be ordered if necessary and a personalized, targeted treatment plan will be devised to address the root cause of your health concerns. My treatment plans typically include nutritional counseling, herbal medicine, nutritional supplements, acupuncture, and homeopathy.
Free 15 minute Introductory Consultations:
I believe that working with a Naturopathic Doctor in which you can connect and feel comfortable with is important. Check out my website www.drbrandihonaizer.com to book a free 15-minute introduction consultation with me and learn more about my practice. To learn more about the clinic space go to www.arbourcentre.com.
I have clinical experience and knowledge with the following conditions:
- Women's Health: irregular periods, PMS, PCOS, peri-menopause/menopause, fatigue, anxiety, weight loss, fibrocystic breasts, endometriosis, yeast infections, insomnia, breast and pap exams
- Fertility and Pregnancy: pre-conception care, pregnancy optimization, infertility, fatigue, muscle cramps, headaches, heartburn, stress, labour preparation and support
- Naturopathic doula services: Covered by most extended health care plans. Includes 2 prenatal and 1 post-natal visit, 4 weeks on-call around due date, and labour support from desired time at start of labour until a few hours after birth.
- Hormones Balancing: thyroid, adrenals, sex hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone), insulin
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy: licensed to prescribe
- Digestive Health: food sensitivities, chronic bloating and pain, diarrhea, constipation, acid relux/heartburn, dysbiosis, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, candida, crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis
- Pediatrics: digestion, colic, eczema, acne, frequent colds and flus, food introduction and well baby/child visits
- Comprehensive lab testing: hormone panels, adrenal stress index, complete thyroid panel, IgE and IgG food sensitivities, SIBO breath test, comprehensive stool testing (digestive, microbiology, parisitology)
I completed my undergraduate studies right here in Nanaimo at Vancouver Island University before going on to complete 4 years of medical training at Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in New Westminster, BC. I have additional training in obstetrics and pediatrics, am board certified in acupuncture and have my pharmaceutical prescribing license.