Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R4 604-684-6565
Certifications: Acupuncture, Chelation
As a primary healthcare physician Dr. Groenewoud is committed to helping every patient maintain or achieve optimal health. She is always looking to uncover the cause of her patients’ dysfunction and or imbalance. With this information, she then devises an individualized treatment plan to maximize her patient’s health, vitality, and quality of life. Her goal is to ensure her patients are provided with a setting in which they feel comfortable and confident to ask questions, and to have them answered in a way they understand. Patients will leave her office feeling motivated to make the necessary changes on their path to well being.
Dr. Groenewoud is well versed in treating the following conditions and using the modalities listed below in her treatment plans:
- Founder of Program Thrive: Dr. Groenewoud wrote Program Thrive due to the desire to have a complete Holistic Health Program that she could share with her patients. During her time in Clinical practice she realized there was a big gap in achieving complete health and wellness unless her patients had their core foundations corrected: Diet, Organ Systems, Structure and Mind.
- Hormone Health: Adrenal insufficiency/ Burn out, Hypo or Hyper thyroid, PMS, Menopause, Vaginal dryness, Peri-Menopause, PCOS, Infertility, Repeat miscarriage, Dysmenorrhea, Establishing a cycle post BCP use.
- Bio-Identical Hormones: Dr. Groenewoud has undergone extended studies to use Bio-identical hormones in establishing hormone balance.
- Digestive Health: IBS, Chrones, Colitis, Malabsorption, Ileocecal valve dysfunction, Constipation, Diarrhea, Acid Reflux, Bloating, Gas, Stomach Pain, Food Sensitivities and testing for bacterial, fungal or parasitic overgrowth
- Autoimmune Dysfunction: RA, Lupus, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Sjogrens and Hashimotos. Experienced using Low Dose Naltrexone
- Cardiovascular Health: Hypertension, atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, family history and risk reduction.
- Mental Health: Anxiety, Depression, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s
- Allergy Relief and Correction: Food, Seasonal, Environmental, Eczema
- Urinary Tract Health: Recurrent UTI’s, Frequent urination, Interstitial cystitis
- Detoxification: Liver detoxification and seasonal cleanses
- Skin Care: Eczema, Anti-aging, Acne, Rosacea, Melasma, Hyper pigmentation, Scarring
- State of the Art Laboratory Testing: Micronutrients, hormones (blood, saliva and urine), Genetic, Cardiovascular, Stool Analysis
- Chelation Therapy: Removing toxic metals
- Intravenous Nutrient Therapies: Exceptional for compromised absorption, adrenal burn out, immune compromise and in higher doses for cancer patients.
- Applied Kinesiology: The essential premise of applied kinesiology is that every organ dysfunction is accompanied by a weakness in a specific corresponding muscle.
Dr. Groenewoud is currently continuing her studies and is a candidate for a Masters degree in Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine from the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. In conjunction, she is also working on expanding Dr. Matsen’s Eating Alive series with a book titled Eating Alive “Women’s Addition”
Dr. Natalie Groenewoud N.D. is a licensed naturopathic physician in good standing with both the College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC (CNPBC) and the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA). She is also a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Physicians (CAND), the Bowen College and the International Society of Chelation Technicians.
Dr. Natalie Groenewoud is currently accepting new patients.